fbpx

What Will Gsk Be like after healthcare unit ‘Haleon’ OFFSHOOT

Feb 24, 2022 / by admin / in: Blog

, What Will Gsk Be like after healthcare unit ‘Haleon’ OFFSHOOT

GSK is a pharmaceutical company that aims to improve people’s health by developing medicines, vaccines, and healthcare products. The company includes many well-known products that millions of people use daily.

Last June, GSK decided to simplify to amplify when they announced plans to dispossess from businesses like Sensodyne toothpaste and pain reliever Advil to focus on drugs and vaccines. This is the biggest change GSK has done in the past two decades.

As stated in Reuters on Tuesday – GlaxoSmithKline said that its consumer healthcare enterprise with Pfizer will be called Haleon, where the British drug company planned to launch in mid-2022 after rejecting overtures from Unilever.

Read: SANDOZ FINALIZED ACQUISITION OF GSK’S CEPHALOSPORIN ANTIBIOTICS BUSINESS

Under GSK’s spin-off plan, shareholders will receive shares in the new consumer health group of at least 80% of the 68% stake currently held by GSK. Pfizer owns the remaining 32%.

Read: DIGITIZATION IN PHARMACEUTICALS: WINNING AN ADVANTAGE IN OPERATIONS

Some activist investors have called on GSK to give further thoughts on a possible unit sale. They also questioned whether the senior management could boost the success rate of drug development, as GSK has fallen behind its peers.

READ: DIGITAL MARKETING TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS FOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES

Do you wish to be heard and make an impact on social media? Contact one of our team members and get more people to engage with you online now!

Comments

comments


contact

Let’s do something amazing. Get in Touch!

Leave a Message